We will keep your Personal Information accurate, complete and up-to-date with the information that you provide to us. If you request access to your Personal Information, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your Personal Information as allowed by law, and provide you access to that information.
Information from GPL Vault website visitors and support users
What information do we collect and why?
- From GPL Vault website visitors, we collect information about the device and browser you use, your network connection and your IP address. We may also receive Personal Information when you purchase subscriptions or make other requests to GPL Vault.
- From chat support users, we collect your name, email address, information about the device and browser you use, your network connection and your IP address.
- From forum users, we collect your name, email address and website URL.
We use this information to service your account, enhance our Services, and answer any questions you may have.
When do we collect this information?
- We collect this information when you visit our website or engage with us either by email, web form, instant message, phone, or post content on our website (including forums & blogs). We also collect any additional information that you might provide to us.
Information from cookies
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small amount of data, which may include a unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Every device that accesses our website is assigned a different cookie by us.
- Opting out: You may be able to opt out of customized ads by visiting the Ads Preferences Manager, and the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. If you use our website without opting out, this means that you understand and agree to data collection for the purpose of providing you with remarketing ads.
The purpose of a cookie is to identify you electronically, store your preferences for viewing our webpages, allow “remarketing” relevant to your interests based on your visits to our site, and show you relevant ads on our website and across the Internet.
Through first party and third party cookies, third parties may collect information about you while you are visiting the GPL Vault website. They may use this data to show you advertisements on GPL Vault and across the Internet based on your prior visits to these sites. We do not collect this information or control the content of the advertisements that you will see.
When and why do we share Personal Information with third parties?
We don’t. Subject to the following exceptions:
- Personal information may be shared with third parties to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or any other agreement related to the Services, or as otherwise required by law.
- Personal information may also be shared with a company that acquires our business, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding. If this happens, we will post a notice on our home page.
What do we do with your Personal Information when you terminate your relationship with us?
- We will continue to store archived copies of your Personal Information for legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law.
- We will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our Services.
What we don’t do with your Personal Information
- We do not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
- We do not use the Personal Information we collect from you or your customers to contact or market to your customers or directly compete with you. However, GPL Vault may contact or market to your customers if we obtain their information from another source, such as from the customers themselves.
How do we keep your Personal Information secure?
- We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details and any other Personal Information entrusted to us. Our information security systems apply to people, processes and information technology systems on a risk management basis.
- We do NOT store your credit or debit card information nor do we have sight of this information since the transaction is entirely between you and the gateway provider.
Access to your personal information
You retain all rights to your Personal Information and can access it anytime. In addition, GPL Vault takes reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend or delete personal information that is shown to be inaccurate or incomplete.
If you have any questions about your Personal Information or this policy, please contact us:
last updated: 31 August 2016